Preparing for your appointment
In order to ensure that your imaging and reporting is accurate, the following instructions must be adhered to:
- Do not wear restrictive clothing such as a bra to the exam.
- Tie your hair up and do not wear jewelry around the neck area (just for the imaging).
- No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the breasts 5 days prior to your exam.
- No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the skin surface to be examined on the day of the exam.
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your exam.
- No physical stimulation or treatment of the skin surface to be examined for 24 hours before the exam.
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your exam.
- No shaving on the day of the exam to avoid skin abrasions.
- If bathing, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam.
- No smoking at least 1 hour before imaging